Around 12:30 Wednesday afternoon, crews responded to a fire on Main street in Stroudsburg, after getting a call for smoke in the building. Khaja Ali and his wife were serving customers Wednesday afternoon, when a fire broke out in the apartment above their restaurant.

“The girl from the upstairs apartment came downstairs and told us theirs a fire in my apartment so the first thing I did was call 911,” said Ali.

Although the fire fighters were able to extinguish the flames upstairs, the aftermath left Ali’s restaurant with massive damage.

“Water damage coming from the ceiling, whatever they did upstairs my place is all flooded with water,” he added.